Friday, June 12, 2020

15A - Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

  1. Interviews: For this assignment, I interviewed three more students who attend the University of Florida and live in on-campus housing.

  2. Begin with alternative evaluation: While talking with these students, they told me that the most important factor to them was the quality. They wanted to have the tv shows and movies that they would actually like to watch, because they would not pay for something that they did not get use out of. The second most important thing to them was cost. Even if a service had what they were looking for, they were not willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

  3. How/where do they buy?: In this segment, they are most likely to buy online because of convenience and the ability to compare prices on the spot. Since they usually make purchases online, they also usually use credit cards to make purchases.

  4. Post-purchase evaluation: What matters most to these students is if the thing they purchased was worth the money they had to fork over to get it. The things that help them determine if the purchase is a good idea is if they got a lot of use out of it and if their friends approve of the purchase. They think a purchase is bad if it doesn’t work like it was intended to, they don’t get as much use out of it as they thought, or if it simply just doesn’t meet the expectations that they think the it should.

  5. Report the findings: All three students seemed very interested in the product when I presented the idea to them, but asked many questions about how it would work, the cost, and the types of movies/tv shows it would offer. They all said that the most important thing to them was the entertainment offered through the service and the cost was a close second. One student said they would be more inclined to purchase the service after other students had reviewed it. 

  6. Conclusion: Based on these interviews, I would describe this segment as quality driven and money saving. They like to purchase things online with their credit cards, and would be even more inclined if the service billed them monthly so they didn’t have to remember to keep up with payments. They also care very much about if the service is worth the money and would not like to have something that they regret or feel as though it does not meet their standards. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I think that the students that you interviewed for this assignment have a very similar mindset that I see in myself. I would like to know as an entrepreneur also how the satisfaction rates for these potential customers after they purchase your product/service. Everyone loves to save money in college, so I think you have a great idea in your hands. My customers would like to save money on their college education, and with my education initiative implemented, it will significantly help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    I 100% agree with your conclusion. As a college student, I am very money conscious and will try to save money whenever I can. Also, I want the service to meet my standards because I want to know that the money I am spending is going to good use. I think that your conclusion was very spot on and you have developed a great idea as to what college students' buying behavior is when it comes to subscription streaming services.

    Will Templin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley,

    I also believe that your conclusion is justified and accurate, but I would describe it as more "Value" driven rather than driven by quality and/ or saving money. Your interviews were also very insightful and similar to the way I feel about your opportunity. However, depending on the value of a product I would rather pay once then be billed monthly for something.

    ReplyDelete